1. NO REGRETS
2. PERSONAL GOALS/PERSONAL GROWTH
3. TAKE ACTION
5. LISTENING SKILLS
6. SHOW MY HORSE
7. WALKING HORSE CLUB KY GOALS/RESOLUTIONS
8. MAKE A LIST
9. PRODUCTIVITY EACH DAY
Well here it is… December 31st, 2015. The last day of the year. Whatever you planned on accomplishing this year must be completed before the end of the day. But!!!! What about next year? Do you have any plans for next year? This is a great time to make a plan and then stick to your plan.
MAKE YOUR OWN LIST
Many people will make plans to lose weight , quit smoking, become more educated, make more money, be a better person, or just plan to be happier. While all of these are desirable… I suggest to you that they are general. We need to be specific with our goals for 2016 and then we need to make short range and long range goals that will help us follow through with our goals.
Example of long range goals:
a) lose 25 lbs. in 6 mos.
b) write a book within the next year.
c) Save a specified amount of money within the next year. (for retirement, kids college, or a vacation)
d) Develop your own blog or web site
e) Get in shape
Example of short range goals:
a) Lose 1 lb per week.
b) Write 1000 words per day.
c) Save a particular number of dollars a month.
d) Spend 1 hour a day learning the steps to develop your own blog or web site. (Research & take notes)
e) Exercise 20 minutes a day
Here are a few ideas that Walking Horse Club Ky suggest.
1. Put your long range goals in writing and post them on your refrigerator.
2. Post your short range goals on a calendar. (Tech it up… most phones have a calendar app.)
3. Talk to a close friend about your goals. (this will help you become more accountable)
4. If you and your friend have the same goals…… work on them together. (it is always easier to do with
5. Develop a reward system for each of your short range goals and a larger reward for reaching a long
range goal. (you deserve it)
However, it is important to remember that the New Year isn’t meant to serve as a catalyst for sweeping character changes. It is a time for people to reflect on their past year’s behavior and promise to make positive lifestyle changes. “Setting small, attainable goals throughout the year, instead of a singular, overwhelming goal on January 1 can help you reach whatever it is you strive for,”
Cheers… Happy New Year!!! We hope that 2016 is a great year for you and your loved ones from Walking Horse Club Ky.